Disability Scholarships for College from disABLEDperson, Inc
When students can go directly to a website of the scholarship sponsor and submit their essay online it really doesn’t get much easier then that!
Who is disABLEDperson, Inc and what are they all about?
From their name (disABLEDperson, Inc) one can clearly guess what they may be all about – people who have a disability.
They are a public charity company which started in 2002 who get’s public companies to hire people who have a disability.
They help people with a disability find a job so as to be productive members of society; just like people who have no disability do. Many times there is a stigma about people with a disability in the workforce and disABLEDperson, Inc try’s to erase this by finding employment for the disabled.
People with a disability can go to disABLEDperson, Inc and post their resume and at the same time look for employment at all their job listings. They can emailed and texted as soon as jobs are posted in their local area; or even nationally.
Job search can be done by city and job function.
disABLEDperson, Inc mission is to increase the rate of disability employment for their community.
disABLEDperson, Inc was formed and created because of their love they have for their disability community members.
disABLEDperson, Inc Scholarship for Disabled Students Guidelines
- Firstly; you sign up on the disABLEDperson.com website to be a member.
- September to November 30th are the dates to submit your essay; and winners are announced on December 18th.
- Winner gets a $2,000 disability scholarship.
- Students must be enrolled in a 2 or 4 year university in the US full time; although less then that if disability restricts students to lower credit hours.
- US citizens only.
- No high school students.
- All disabilities will be defined as defined under the ADA: A physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities of such an individual. A record of such an impairment or being regarded as having such an impairment”.
- The essay to be submitted is based on the ‘Essay Prompt’ posted on the disABLEDperson, Inc scholarship page. It’s to be no larger then 1000 words and one word larger then that is automatic disqualification!
For instance the 2015 prompt is:
“There have been many articles stating that the Social Security Administration Disability Program will run out of money in 2016. The Social Security Administration (SSA) says the program will continue without issue. In a detailed essay, tell us what the state of the SSA Disability Program really is?”
Our ViewPointe on the disABLEDperson, Inc Disability scholarship for Disabled Students
Signing up online to the disABLEDperson.com website and writing an essay on a predefined prompt seems pretty straight forward, making this award an easy scholarship to apply to, with little time in applying to it!
Once your essay is written then submission is simple to see if you can win their student disability scholarship.
Their appears to only be one award but since submission is so easy, it is well worth the time in sending in your essay to see what may happen.
The disABLEDperson.com website also appears to be a very valuable service for people with a disability looking for a job too. Having this in your tool bag when looking for a job may prove to be a good thing.
You may even want to find a job using the disABLEDperson.com website to help pay for your college tuition while attending.
The disability scholarship offered by disABLEDperson.com Inc . may be nice to win, but it appears that the service provided by disABLEDperson, Inc may be the best thing in the long run!
For questions on the both the disabilities scholarship program and/or their services:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – (760) 420-1269
PO Box 230636
Encinitas, Ca. 92023-0636