ChairScholars Foundation Unknown Scholarships for People with Disabilities

 physical disability scholarships

ChairScholars Foundation

ChairScholars Foundation may have an unknown scholarship opportunity for People with disabilities. If you have a physical disability, you know what it is like to grow up surrounded by obstacles. Sometimes, attending college can be just one more obstacle – like learning how to walk, or use a special device to help you, or even wearing a hearing aid. If you’ve developed the ability to persevere and struggle through despite these challenges, then there is some educational relief for you with a Chair Scholars disability scholarship.

The ChairScholars National Program offers scholarships for students with disabilities who live in any state in the United States. Both high school seniors and college freshmen are eligible to apply for these unique scholarships awards, and can receive up to $20,000 in college tuition assistance.

Some of the most highly regarded universities in the country have accepted these students for enrollment. This organization seeks to award scholarships for students with disabilities who are destined to become future leaders of the United States. As of this date, 177 of these unknown scholarships opportunities have been awarded to persons with disabilities, and 69 scholarship award recipients have already graduated and received their degrees.

If you want to qualify for these disability college scholarships, you must have a serious physical challenge, and demonstrate financial need for the Chair scholarship. In addition, you have to have at least a B average in your high school course work, and be less than 21 years of age. Additionally, successful applicants for these disability scholarships will have been involved in some type of community service.

To apply for the Chairscholars National Program disability essay scholarship, write an essay of 300 to 500 words, and obtain three letters offering recommendations. Furthermore, you must submit both Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and ACT (Achievement Test) scores, and your high school transcript. If you have received any honors as a result of your educational efforts, include proof of these as well.

The Chairscholars Foundation also offers special assistance to Florida residents. Students residing in Hillsborough, Polk, Sarasota, Volusia, Pinellas, or Pasco County can receive disability college scholarships that will pay for their entire Bachelor Degree program at a Florida University. Alternatively, they can receive training through the state’s vocational school program.

Students seeking these disability scholarships for college will be high school students with at least a C average who qualify for their school’s free or reduced lunch program. They must promise to steer clear of drugs and crime until they graduate, and sign a contract promising to do this. These students must have serious physical challenges, and will be assigned a mentor until their high school graduation.

As of today, more than 375 scholarships for students with disabilities have been awarded to Florida residents under the disability scholarships program funded by the Chairscholars Foundation. If you fit this description, or are a student in the United States with a physical handicap who dreams of making a difference, this unusual opportunity was designed just for you. Don’t let these unknown disability scholarships become an unclaimed scholarship because you were too shy to apply!

*Always try to get a student loan scholarship first. Here’s how and its fast and easy.


Related Reading



You may also like...

22 Responses

  1. Boateng Ebenezer says:

    my name is Boateng Ebenezer. I`m 19 years old and from Ghana. I`m disABLE as a result of chronic osteomalyties. I am at Catholic University college of Ghana. I wish to apply for some support and assistance in my education at the University. Please help to make something beautiful out of my life. I really need support for my tuition fees. Please hear my dearest cry and help me. Thank you. Boateng Ebenezer

  2. admin says:


    you must contact your educational department in the country you live to see what ‘disability scholarships’ or financial aid they can offer to you. In the mean time go to Study Abroad Scholarships to read more on your situation.

  3. Lucas DeLuca says:

    Hi my name is Lucas and I was born with PFFD. I have had 3 surgeries and wear an above the knee prosthetic. I am currently 17 years old and live in Southern California with my family. I am applying for college in Canada because my grandparents live there and I like their EMT programs. My dad was born in Canada but is a legal alien resident and my mother is an American who was born in Michigan. Do you award scholarships to Americans who want to go to college in Canada? Thank you so much for your time and consideration.

  4. admin says:


    it normally doesn’t work that way but there are many scholarship awards that are monetary to be used any way you choose. Those are the ones to target. Many poetry scholarships contest operate exactly this way. Go to Canadian scholarships to read more which may or may not help you. Also go to study abroad scholarships. Read about the Fulbright scholarship – it may help you. I would contact the financial aids office of the colleges you are targeting to attend and explain your situation to see what they can offer. Make sure you mention that you are looking for disability scholarships or grants/financial aid. Because of your situation which is unique this would be the smart way of going about it. You want to be 100% certain and the college will be able to tell you.

  5. Maria Marquez says:

    I was born with two Club Feet and have had 2 surgeries since then. i was wondering if this scholarship/grant makes me eligable to apply. I would very much love to apply to get into college. It would mean a great deal to me if you reply. Thank you very much

  6. admin says:


    go to ChairScholars Foundation and direct your question to them. Make sure you apply at the financial aids office to any disability scholarships or disability grants from any college you would like to attend as well. Go to government disability scholarships and grants to read more.

  7. Domonique Robinson says:

    My name is Domonique and I have Sickle Cell Anemia, Asthma, and Sarcoidoses. I will be starting school online in January for photography and I was wondering if there are any scholarships, grants, or awards that I would be eligible for? This is my last chance to further my education and I really would appreciate any financial aid and assistance so that I can help pay for my schooling. Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

  8. admin says:


    Since you are starting school already at a particular college you can email them to see what disability programs they may or may not have being an online college. You can go to student loan scholarships and do a quick check their. Continue to read our website to see if you fit the criteria to apply to any other scholarships. Also go to government disability scholarships too.
    Read up on student loans with no cosigners as a last option – but not really bad if no other types of student aid becomes available to you.

    Other good reading is by going to unknown scholarships.

  9. Haylee Hodges says:

    Hello. My name is Haylee and due to an accident, I am left without a voice. I can barely talk above a whisper. I have tried getting scholarships for this, but no one seems to notice just how hard it is. I have worked really hard, and I am very good academically. The worst grade I had it high school was a B+ in calculus. Right now I am a freshman in college. Would it be possible to receive any scholarship for this?

  10. admin says:


    go to government disability student aid to read more. Many colleges have guaranteed scholarships and you have to inquire into the financial aids office to see if they do. No cosigner student loans may be a last resort but a viable student aid funding solution especially loans from the federal government.

  11. Hien says:

    hey. i am trying to find a scholarship dealing with math for disabled people.

  12. Bree says:

    My name is Bree,

    I have Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, ADHD, and Raynaud’s Disease. I will be starting school in the fall of 2011. I plan to major in Pre-optometry. I was wondering if I am eligible for any scholarships, awards or grants.

  13. admin says:


    firstly – set up an appointment with the financial aids office with the college your interested in attending to discuss all options which may apply to your personal situation. Go to government disability scholarships too.
    You may want to look into government student loans with no cosigner needed as a very good last option. Look also into Pell grants.

  14. Faye says:

    My daughter has Poland Syndrome….are there scholarships available to her because of this? She is a senior in high school with 29 on ACT. She is starting college this fall. Any advice is appreciated.

  15. Matthew Underwood says:

    Hiya! My name is Matthew Underwood, I was born with Spina Bifida Aculta (really sucks) and Tethered Cord. The Spina Bifida Association’s scholarship is for students enrolled in college only. I’m 17 and a High School senior, my family is poor and my single mother is severely disabled as well, and I need help. If you can direct me somewhere you’d really be helping me out. Thanks.

  16. admin says:


    Go to scholarships for Spina Bifida. there’s other suggestions in this page as well. Don’t forget to apply to all disability scholarships which you fit the criteria for – not just Spina Bifida scholarships. Once you fill out your FAFSA this will tell you what need based grants you will be eligible for. I believe you will be a candidate for. Go to the financial aids office after setting an appointment with them to fully discuss all options. Most colleges have there own disability aid programs which may be right for you.

  17. admin says:


    go to guaranteed scholarships to see if the 29 ACT can guarantee a scholarship from some school. You may want to call the Fin Aid office of the college of interest to see if a 29 ACT score gets your daughter free monies to that school. it’s just a paperwork shuffle if she qualifies. There is not a Poland Syndrome scholarship that we’re aware of, but you might want to call some Poland Syndrome organizations to see. Apply to all general disability scholarships though. Go to government disability scholarships too.
    Look over this list of college scholarships to see other general scholarship chances.

  1. January 30, 2009

    […] ChairScholars Foundation Unknown Scholarships for People with Disabilities […]

  2. December 15, 2010

    […] The ChairScholars Foundation Scholarships offers financial aid for students with disabilities, both college freshmen and high-school seniors, […]

  3. April 8, 2011

    […] have a severe physical disability that requires you to use a wheelchair, you need to check out the Chair Scholars Foundation. This special needs scholarship can provide you with funds between $1000 and $5000 each year for […]

  4. October 14, 2011

    […] criteria due to the many different types of wheelchair scholarship funds that are readily available.Chair Scholars Foundation offers disabled scholarships to low income individuals that use a wheelchair. Applicants must be […]

Leave a Reply